Welcome to LABAN 2018!
We’re thrilled to have you here to celebrate LIMS’ 40th Anniversary with us! In an effort to Go Green, we have chosen not to print out the Conference Materials. You may access digital versions below:
Some Quick References:
- Opening Day (Thursday, May 31st)
- Hunter College: 930 Lexington Ave, New York, NY 10065 – 5th & 6th Floor
- Presentations & Workshops (Friday & Saturday, June 1st – 2nd)
- Bryant Park Hotel (BPH): 40 W 40th St, New York, NY 10018 – 24th Floor – LAST MINUTE CHANGE
- Residence Inn by Marriott Manhattan/Times Square (MH): 1033 6th Ave, New York, NY 10018 – 3rd Floor
- ECOPOETIC (Friday, June 1st)
- Washington Square Park: Garibaldi Plaza – New York, NY 10012
- SPECIAL PANEL (Saturday, June 2nd)
- Residence Inn by Marriott Manhattan/Times Square – Empire State Room. Overflow in Fashion Room.
- AWARDS DINNER (Saturday, June 2nd)
- WeWork Bryant Park: 54 West 40th St. New York, NY 10018 – 2nd Floor
- Residence Inn by Marriot:
- Username: NYCRI Associates
- Password: NYCRI@2016
- Bryant Park Hotel
- Posted on the Wall of Workshop Room
- Bryant Park
- Open Network.
- What is included in my Registration?
- Your Registration Fee includes admission to all Paper and Panel Sessions, Pre-Registered Workshops, Wi-Fi Access at the Spaces, Daily Snacks and access to the 3rd Floor Lounge at the Marriott.
- What is the Dress Code?
- Conference Attire is Casual. We recommend that you dress in comfortable clothes, and most importantly, comfortable shoes! Some studios/workshops may not allow shoes, so be prepared to leave them at the door. We recommend that you also dress in layers to accommodate for both New York’s humid summer as well as the cooler air-conditioning in the Conference Rooms. For those attending the Awards Dinner, feel free to dress up!
- I have a question during the Conference, who can I ask for help?
- We have an Information Desk set up at Marriott by the 3rd Floor Elevators. Those with red nametags are part of the Production Team and may also assist you in your inquiry.
- I didn’t pre-register for a Workshop? Can I still sign up?
- Yes. You may sign up for your workshop at the Information Desk at Check-In at Hunter College and/or at the 3rd Floor of the Marriot.
- The Workshop I want to take is full. Can I sign up for a Waiting List?
- In respect to the Presenter’s preparation and the capacity of each room, we cannot accept a waitlist for the Workshops.
- I want to attend a Panel (Blue) and/or a Paper (Green). Do I need to pre-register?
- Panel & Paper are open to everyone. No pre-registration is necessary but is dependent on room capacity.
- Can I still sign up for the Awards Dinner?
- Unfortunately, the Awards Dinner is sold out.
- Will I be receiving a Certificate of Attendance?
- Those who pre-purchased a Certificate of Attendance may pick them up at the Information Desk.
- I’m attending ECOPOETIC. How can I learn more about the performances & choreographers?
- We’ve created a website guide to the performance https://labaninstituteny.wixsite.com/ecopoetic