Laban/Bartenieff Institute of Movement Studies in New York – Modular Format
Coordinators: Cheryl Clark and John Chanik
Core Faculty: John Chanik, Cheryl Clark, Christy Funsch, Elisabet Marcos Furones, Andrea Haenggi
- Online Classes on Zoom
- Offline Classes at LIMS in New York City, USA – 138 South Oxford Street, Brooklyn, NY 11217
Prerequisites: All applicants for the LIMS® Certification Program in Laban Movement Studies are required to complete their study in the three introductory courses–Introduction to Laban Movement Analysis, Introduction to Bartenieff Fundamentals, and Introduction to Anatomy & Kinesiology–before joining the program. Please click HERE for the intro course schedule.
Module III – 120 hours Hybrid
Module IV – 120 hours Hybrid
Module I – 72 hours in New York City
Offline (in-person): June 21 – June 30, 2023 (9:00AM to 6:00PM ET, No class on June 26)
Module II – 120 hours Hybrid
A deposit of $750 is due upon acceptance, which is then applied to the Module tuition.
For new applicants:
- Application Form: Click HERE.
- Application Deadline for Module I: May 31, 2023, for best consideration
- Application Fee: $350 (non-refundable, non-transferable)
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs) – NY Modular Format
- Are online synchronous classes recorded/shared/downloadable?
- Synchronous classes are recorded and posted for students to view, but they are not downloadable.
- What happens if I miss a class?
- Online Class: You will watch the class recording and submit a summary of the class to the instructor. The program coordinator may ask you to take tutorials if needed.
- Offline Class: You will take tutorials with an instructor to catch up on the missed classes (at your own cost)
- Do I need to be in a studio when I am in synchronous classes online?
- Space in which to move comfortably is highly recommended, but a studio is not required.
- Is NYC the only place to join the in-person portion of the program?
- Currently, yes. But, LIMS is planning to offer more in-person locations in the future.
- Is a Covid-19 vaccination required for in-person classes?
- Proof of vaccination (both dates for the 2-shot versions) is required during the registration process. This ensures the safety of all our students, staff, and faculty members.
FOR GENERAL FAQS ON OUR LIMS CERTIFICATION PROGRAMS CLICK HERE
For questions or more information about this program–NY Modular Format, contact firstname.lastname@example.org